Nowadays, there is a rapid growth in the frozen yogurt industry as there is a lot of demand by people all over the world. This demand is far more than any other time in history. As a frozen yogurt shop owner, you need to find a way to meet up with the hunger and demand for variety.
These days you would get to some shops, and you would see a sea of heads queuing to pay for what they purchase. There is nothing as frustrating as selecting your frozen yogurt variety and waiting in the line to pay while watch it melt. No customer would love this.
For a successful frozen yogurt shop, it is one thing to have a great location and menu, and it is another thing to have the perfect frozen yogurt Point of Sale system. With the right POS, you can process customers the orders within a short time.
No doubt, your frozen yogurt shop needs the best Point of Sale (POS) system to equal with your expanding menus and growing business. Also, to offer the best experience to your customers.
Read on as this article will show you the best Frozen yogurt POS and some other important information.
What Should You Look For In A Frozen Yogurt POS System?
To get the perfect POS system for your frozen yogurt shop, here are some things you should look for.
- The flexibility in adding new products – to be a successful yogurt shop, you should be able to keep up with trends of flavor and add new updates with ease. With a perfect POS system, you should be able to create new products or edit the previous one in the system and also make updates in real-time.
- A cloud-based system – if your frozen yogurt POS system has a cloud-based system, you would be able to effectively run your business even if you are not around your shop or premises. In real time, you would be able to monitor your inventory, track sales, and schedule employees.
- Mobile Point of Sale system – If your POS solution can work on terminals and tablets, you can enhance the customer experience and increase productivity. You can avoid long checkout lines greater mobility can help.
- Additionally, a frozen yogurt POS with a training mode would be great. It would help develop the speed of new hires. Also, integration of scale is something you should take into consideration. The best POS system should be integrated with scales.
- Furthermore, consider the affordability, ease of use and reliability.
The Best Frozen Yogurt POS System: ShopKeep
ShopKeep is simple and user-friendly. It is an elegant piece of software that allows small and medium-sized businesses to run effectively and smarter. It boosts all around increased efficiency and has dynamic and incredible features. Its level of functionality is one of the things that make it worth the buy. With this frozen yogurt POS system, most business will feel at home.
Top Frozen Yogurt POS Systems Comparison
$69 per month/register
Starter – $69 per month
Advanced – $99 per month
Multi-outlet – $249 per monthS
|Solo – $69 per month for a single license
Dual – $129 per month for a single license for double licenses
Team – $249 per month for five licenses
Unlimited – $399 per month for unlimited licenses
|- Cloud-based reporting|
- Tracking of ingredient inventory
- Ability to generate recorder points.
|- It is cloud-based and works on any device|
- Offers a built-in CRM solution
- It is hardware independent
- It is compatible with third-party POS hardware
|- All kind of payment can be processed
- The menu can be customized
- Offers table layout functions without difficulty
|Cloud-based or locally installed||It utilizes hybrid setup; both cloud-based and locally installed||It is 100 percent cloud-based||It is locally installed
ChowBot (coming soon)
|Compatible credit card processors||It favors its payment solution||Paypal, Vantiv, Square, Stripe, Payment express, iZettle and much more.||Cayan, Moneris, Mercury, iZettle, Smooth pay and much more.
|Specific industry||Excellent for food service applications, small specialty vendors, and full-service restaurants||Perfect for retail operations of all stripes||Suitable for the restaurant industry, pubs, bars, cafes, food trucks and much more.
|Operating system requirements||It requires iOS 8.2 or higher. Also, it is compatible with iPad minis and iPads||It works strictly on Google Chrome. It runs on Mac OS X 10.5 or Windows 7||It works perfectly on iPad or iPad mini.
Why Is ShopKeep Our Best Overall Choice?
ShopKeep has been around since 2010. It is simple and helps ring up customers accurately and faster, especially when there are lots of customers (peak times).It offers a POS system with style to match the existing atmosphere of your business. It can capture the email addresses of customers and track the hours used by employees.
There are lots of features the ShopKeep offers. In this section, we will discuss the standout features.
- The Back office – The wealth of features included in the ShopKeep POS system is one of the things that are impressive about its back office. Large businesses might not find this appealing, but a small business that operates a single register will appreciate it. A small business would be able to enjoy some relatively advanced tools by paying just $69 per month. This also works for a business with more than one register.
You can get access to a system that manages your customers, time of your employees, your inventory, and keep all your transaction records. Different reporting options are provided for analyzing all your data. Also, email and live chat offer unlimited technical support.
- The Register – The capabilities of the register are all-encompassing; splitting tenders, adding modifiers, fast discounting, ringing up items, taking payments, refunds, and easy returns.
- Reporting – ShopKeep offers an extensive reporting suite. Recently, sales by customer reporting, average cost reporting, and sales by discount reporting were added to the mix.
- Multi-store – Presently ShopKeep has the multi-location capability which could be expanded in the future. You have the opportunity to view all your stores on a single parent website. Also, with a dashboard overview, you can get an all-encompassing view of your separate locations.
- Inventory Management – The inventory management tools offered by ShopKeep are powerful. Some of the amazing inventory management features are raw goods tracking, customizable register buttons, low inventory alerts and reorder reports, and bulk product management and uploading.
- Pocket App – The pocket app of ShopKeep is available on both Android and iOS. With this amazing feature, you will be able to follow up your business no matter your location.
- Tax Rate – This was one of the most visible problems ShopKeep had. It has been fixed, and now you can set the different tax rate.
Customer Service And Support
The ShopKeep offers an unlimited support; 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. They offer Email, web inquiry, text, and live chat. It has a support microsite which provides comprehensive and clear video tutorials and articles on all areas of the software. The presence of this POS system on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube helps in providing engaging and relevant information.
Positivity Of ShopKeep From Reviews And Testimonials
- It is easy to use and train your employees
- The ShopKeep is inexpensive making the pricing reasonable
- The 24/7 service and support It offer is satisfying to a lot of customers
Drawback Of ShopKeep
- When it comes to inventory management, lots of customers have complained about issues with the system or bugs. Some users have had issues with unreliable hardware
- Some users complained about rude customer service representatives who were never like that when they purchased the system
With the recent addition of some features and integration with EMV transactions, BigCommerce, and matrix inventory, ShopKeep never stops impressing users. Additionally, lots of updates are available for the reporting suite. However, there are still some features that are lacking such are the ability to add modifiers and so on.
The lacking features are worked on by ShopKeeper, and they should be available in the feature updates. ShopKeep deserves a look if you want a new POS system that is flexible, has a reasonable price and with full features.
Vend: Our Second Best Choice for Frozen Yogurt POS
Vend was created by Vaughan Roswell and his team in 2010. Out of all the web-based retail POS in the world; Vend is the first to use the HTML5 offline cache capabilities. Even though it is fully cloud-based, during an internal outage, it can continue to ring up sales.
- Inventory management – With the inventory tools Vend offers you have the opportunity to automate all forms of tasks such as low stock alerts and product count. Also, in a situation where your stock reaches a preset threshold, it will help in reordering. With this great feature, you don’t need to check inventory manually all the time. At each of your location, you can check the levels of your inventory and transfer items between stores if you subscribe to a Multi-Outlet plan.
- Loyalty program and customer database – As you are ringing up a sale, you can capture the contact information of your customer. You can use a CSV file to upload the customer database to Vend if you already have it. You can see who your best customers are with the help of Vend reporting tools. You would be able to organize list of customers, where you would have the purchase histories, contact information, account balances, and payment history. These will ensure you have marketing campaigns that are more effective.Vend has a built-in loyalty program owing to the multi-outlet and advanced plans. This great feature ensures your sales are boosted. It converts first time customers to your all-time customers. You can email your customers an invitation to sign up or add them up at checkout. Also, you can assign loyalty to every product by customizing the program.
- eCommerce functionality – This feature is limited to the Multi-outlet and Advanced plans. It offers design help by choosing a responsive theme, an integrated website builder, and hosting. Also, it offers the ability to tie in your domain name and live synchronization with your in-store inventory.
- Price books – Vend can maintain more than one price book. You can use the price books in many ways. Base on certain groups of customers or store locations, separate price books can be maintained. Also, you can make the price books time sensitive.
- Tracking of employees – This amazing feature will help reduce the theft, discrepancy, and errors of employees. This will be done by tracking the cash management of your employees.
- Gift cards – This is a recently added feature that ensures you create your own branded gift cards, prevent issuing of refunds by providing store credit instead, and develop your payment options.
Additionally, some other features it offers are third-party integrations and real-time reporting
Technical Support And Customer Service
For premium support, Vend provides yearly contracts on the paid plans. With just a phone call 24 hours in 7 days of the week, you can get the technical help you wish for. There is a searchable and thorough database of answers to questions that are common, adding to live chat, email, and phone. Vend is active on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It also has a YouTube channel where you can get quick tips, tutorials, and promotional bits.
Positivity Of Vend From Reviews And Testimonials
- Every function is self-explanatory, so it is easy to use
- It can correctly display on any screen size
- It might be affordable compared to other Cloud-based POS system
- Customer support is superb
Downside Of Vend
- Users complained minor problems in the system which is unusual and unexpected.
- Some users complained about slow servers
- It charges users for support, unlike other top POS systems that provide free support 24/7. Some users complained that despite the charges paid, they sometimes have to wait a long time.
With Vend you can enjoy all the benefits the cloud has to offer. The easy to learn characteristic make it one of the best POS system the frozen yogurt shop should use. Even though it might not have what some other cloud-based POS offers, it has a clearer focus on retail and extended reach geographically. Vend as a low cost of entry and still satisfy the great needs of retailers.
TouchBistro was established in 2011. With this amazing frozen yogurt POS, clunky hardware and paper orders are a thing of the past. TouchBistro has been able to be an exceptional POS system in the market. In more than 35 countries, it is ranked as the top-rated POS application on the app store of Apple. They have received many industry honors and awards. In fact, in 2016 it was rated the best POS for restaurants
- Bill splitting – It might be a real pain for servers to split the bill among parties that are large. TouchBistro allows you to split the entire bills by combine or seat. Also, you can split different parts of the bill. With a few taps, you will be able to split orders.
- Bar and table management – with this feature you can color-code seats and tables making it easier to distribute and also take orders. Also, TouchBistro let you know the server that is associated with a particular table. Additionally, you can open tabs with ease, for example, by storing the credit card information of customers based on their name.
- Mobility – Servers can take the TouchBistro POS system to any location in your frozen yogurt shop since it runs on iPad. This means you are not going to be restricted to the checkout counter. You will be able to take orders and payment from each tableside. Also, you will be able to attend to the customers in time and avoid the long line and waste of time. With this feature, you would be able to offer an excellent service.Adding to the great efficiency is the ability to remotely access back-office features using any available device having a browser. This is owing to the cloud-based reporting it offers. Whether you are on the road or at home, you would be able to monitor your restaurant.
- Kiosk and menu-only mode – this feature would allow your customers place their orders on their own and still use the same device to pay. This can be done by using the TouchBistro’s kiosk app, especially if you have a restaurant with quick service.
- Automatic discounting – TouchBistro provides an automatic discount for events. You can set up the system to preset discounts based on day, time and more instead of servers inputting discount manually. Once the event is over, items will return to their normal price automatically.
- Customize and modify orders – The intuitive interface of TouchBistro makes it easy for you to include optional and forced modifiers to the system. For you to identify the options that are popular, the record of the custom orders is kept by the Modifier Report.
Additionally, another great feature included is the reporting tools TouchBistro offers. This helps you grow your business and also manage it well. You would get detailed and comprehensive updates on the performance of your business.
Customer Service And Support
Whether you are a pro or standard subscriber, you would be able to enjoy the 24/7 customer service TouchBistro offers. They are present on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and others. You can watch some YouTube videos and also make use of their comprehensive support section.
Positivity Of TouchBistro From Reviews And Testimonials
- The design is attractive and modern, the interface is sleek, and it is easy to use
- It is well known
- Within the grand scheme of POS options, it is very cost effective
- Users complained about the reports having issues
- Not all-in-all POS system
Considering the features included in the TouchBistro POS system, the price is good. It is great for businesses that don’t need lots of devices or terminals. It is elegant and has potential development in the future.
Our Final Word on the Best Yogurt POS System
In a nutshell, above are the best frozen yogurt POS systems. With the 3 top choices discussed above, we believe picking the perfect POS system for your business should no more be a headache.
If you want a POS system that covers a wide range and gives a clearer focus on retail Vend is the way forward. If you have a shop with lots of customers, TouchBistro will be the best for you. It will help you take orders and distribute faster and with ease. If you are on a budget and need a POS system with a reasonable price and still have great features, ShopKeep can be the best option for you.
Even though all the 3 POS system reviewed put the icing on the cake, each of this system has what makes them different from the one and another. Regarding features, efficiency, design, and much more, you know what you want. Even though there are lots of POS systems in the market; we believe you would not be making a mistake by picking any of the ones we have reviewed.